Grants for Sudanese for the training

SudaMediCa
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grants for Sudanese for the training

Unread post by SudaMediCa »

i+solutions and its donor will offer two grants for Sudanese for the training on Procurement & Quantification Management of Medicine and Medical Supplies (English version), taken place from 3 – 8 July 2011 in the Netherlands. The scholarship covers full course fee and air tickets from/to Khartoum and Amsterdam. Interested candidates please send their CVs and motivation letters in English to i+solutions training department by email before/on 31 May 2011.

Please contact i+solutions training department at training@iplussolutions.org for more details.

i+solutions reserves rights to postpone and/or terminate the sponsorship without further notice.

i+solutions pharmaceutical management support
Westdam 3b, 3441 GA, Woerden, The Netherlandsphone +31 (0)348 489 630fax +31 (0)348 489 659

Email: training@iplussolutions.org Web: www.iplussolutions.org SCM Platform: http://www.iplussolutions.org/platform/
SudaMediCa
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Grants for Sudanese for the training

Unread post by SudaMediCa »

Procurement and Quantification Management of Medicines and Medical Supplies
The Netherlands
July 3 – 8, 2011
Date of arrival: July 3rd
Date of departure: July 9th

Course objectives
Today, there are many challenges presented by the increasing number of stakeholders in the health sector
especially in developing countries. These challenges range from different funding mechanism to reporting
requirements, and influence the quantification and subsequent procurement of medicines and medical supplies.
This course addresses the major challenges faced during quantification and procurement and aims at building
participants’ capacity to manage the quantification and procurement processes in a multi-stakeholder environment.

Aims
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Demonstrate knowledge of procurement cycle and procurement methods, and suggest ways in which they
can improve effectiveness and quality of procurement processes in their settings including management of
medicines and medical supplies donated from different stakeholders.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the quantification process and conduct quantification using both the
consumption and morbidity based quantification methods.
• Recognize the characteristics of good procurement and quantification systems
• Establish and maintain an efficient quantification and procurement plan suitable for their work settings.
• Monitor and evaluate the quantification and procurement processes

Target Audience
The course targets those responsible for the quantification and procurement components of the supply chain
especially, pharmacists and pharmaceutical buyers, physicians, senior health system managers and technical
assistance professionals from governmental and non-governmental organizations. Those managing Drug Supply
Organizations (DSO) and Hospitals will benefit from the course. The course will also benefit previous participants of
the Drug Supply Management (DSM) and Long distance Supply and Warehouse Management (SWM) courses.

Course facilitation and Training Methodology
I+solutions is a not-for-profit organization that specializes in pharmaceutical supply chain management in
developing countries.

I+solutions trainings’ are participatory in nature and involve lectures, facilitated group discussion, exercises and
case studies. Participants are provided with course reference materials for use during and after the training. The
course facilitators come from i+solutions, WHO and a pool of independent consultants. The broad experience of
i+solutions in Pharmaceutical management support make this course a unique opportunity for participants to share
experiences and enhance their quantification and procurement knowledge and skills.

Course Design
The course is highly participatory - the interchange of skills and experience among course members is essential for
training activities and learning. The course contains presentations, discussions, exercises, case studies and a
project. Please, be aware that strong English language skills are necessary to take part in this course.
The course covers the following modules:
• Overview of procurement and procurement planning
• Procurement Methods and supplier selection
• Overview of quantification for medicines and medical supplies
• Quantification and procurement in emergencies
• Financing mechanisms, cost saving through efficient quantification and procurement
• Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) for procurement and quantification
• Monitoring and evaluation of the procurement and quantification processes
• Practical activity – Individual/group quantification and procurement improvement project

Location and Accommodation
The course will take place in the Netherlands. Hotel accommodations, educational and recreation excursions, as
well as a transfer from and to the airport are included in the course fee.

Course Dates
July 3 – 8, 2011
Hotel check-in: Sunday July 3rd afternoon
Hotel check-out: Saturday July 9h morning

Course Fees and Costs
The total fee of €2.700 includes:
Tuition fee (including course materials)
Transfer to and from Amsterdam International airport (on July 3rd and July 9th only)
Hotel accommodation (single occupancy) for the duration of the course
Three meals a day during the week
Coffee and tea during course breaks
In addition to this fee, each participant requires an allowance to cover personal expenses.

Early Bird Discount
€ 200,00 discount when payment is well received before the June 2nd 2011.

Health insurance
All participants are required to have valid health insurance for the duration of their stay. Sponsoring agencies are
responsible for obtaining health insurance for their participants.

Visa
All participants, with the exception of those from the EU and USA, are required to obtain visas for the Netherlands.
We would like to underline that the participant is responsible of getting a visa in time.

I+solutions can provide an invitation letter if required.

Applications
Applications and fees must be received as soon as possible and at the latest before the June 2nd 2011 in order to
be guaranteed a place on the course. After this date places will be assigned on a first-come, first served basis.

For a copy of the application form, please visit our website or contact:
I+solutions
Training Department
training@iplussolutions.org
Tel: +31 348 489630
Direct line: +31 348 489643/646
Fax: +31 348 489659

Fees are due at the time the application is submitted.

Confirmation
Course space is allocated as soon as the application is received. Enrollment for the course is limited to encourage
maximum participant involvement

Sponsor Information
Applicants are required to secure their own funding to cover course fee, per diem allowance, health insurance and
travel expenses. Course providers do not provide funding for courses. To obtain funding, applicants should
contact government or non-government agencies in their countries.

Return to “Pharmacy Higher Education”