BMJ Postgraduate courses and qualifications in Diabetes are designed to provide high quality education for doctors and healthcare professionals who have a clinical interest in diabetes.
The Postgraduate Certificate and Postgraduate Diploma start with two days of introductory lectures*, and then continues online, offering flexible study. Candidates successful in completing three modules will receive a Postgraduate Certificate or they can continue onto year two to complete six modules and achieve a Postgraduate Diploma in Diabetes. Our courses and qualifications are validated by the Links are available for members only!, and are provided through a collaboration between the University of Leicester and BMJ Learning.
The curriculum has been based on the International Diabetes Federation's curriculum and is designed to address the learning needs of doctors and other healthcare professionals from around the world.
Our qualifications focus on diabetes in its global context and explore the common challenges of this chronic disease. The modules are designed to build on the experience of the learner by giving them the skills to evaluate their own practice in the context of the scientific evidence in diabetes care. They are
therefore relevant to healthcare professionals across the world and all members of the multi-disciplinary diabetes team.
Our courses will provide a range of learning opportunities which will challenge those studying to evaluate the scientific evidence in diabetes and apply it in practice to improve patient outcomes. Learners will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to tackle the challenges of the prevention and management of diabetes that many health systems currently face.
We have six modules, each lasting 10 weeks. These modules can be studied individually or learners can complete three in year one to achieve a Postgraduate Certificate and three in year two to achieve a Postgraduate Diploma.
- Prevention, Early Detection and Screening in Diabetes
- Clinical Presentation and Management in Diabetes
- New and Advanced Therapies in Diabetes
- Self-Management in Diabetes
- Insulin Management
- Diabetes and Obesity
- Part-time, distance learning modular courses which can lead to the award of Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma in Diabetes
- Flexible online study
- Two days of lectures to introduce the Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma
- Dedicated course website
- Access to the University of Leicester's library facilities
- An opportunity to purchase individual modules
- An opportunity for candidates to progress to the University of Leicester's existing MSc programme in Diabetes
You will be supported on this distance learning course by an interactive website, experienced tutors and dedicated support staff.