HARVONI is indicated for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C
* Its effective in more than 97% .sovaldi+ribavirin effective in 90%
* developed by Gilead Sciences.
* It is a two drug fixed dose combination product that contains 90 mg of
ledipasvir and 400 mg of sofosbuvir in a single tablet.
* Ledipasvir is an inhibitor of the HCV NS5A protein, which is required for viral replication.
* Sofosbuvir is an inhibitor of the HCV NS5B RNA dependent RNA polymerase
* Ledipasvir was fully active against the sofosbuvir resistance strains and VICE VERCA .
* Dosage : Treatment without cirrhosis 1 tab daily for 12 weeks.
Treatment with cirrhosis 1 tab daily for 24 weeks
* No dose recommendation can be given for patients with severe renal impairment.
* Pregnancy Category B.
* It is not known whether HARVONI and its metabolites are present in human breast milk.
* It does not prolong QTc interval to any clinically relevant extent.
* Ledipasvir is an inhibitor of drug transporter P-gp and breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP) and may increase intestinal absorption of coadministered substrates for these transporters.
* It had no adverse effects on mating and fertility.
* The most common side effects: tiredness and headache.
* available in usa.
Short notes about interesting topics
- One Step
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 14 Sep 2013, 17:08
- University: International University of Africa
- Degree (College): MBBS
- Graduation Year: 2011
- Plan \ Working On: MRCOG
- Speciality: General Medicine
- Job Title: House Officer (intern)
- Work Place: ahmed gasim teashing hospital
- Been thanked: 1 time
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest